Monday 9 May 2011

Back to 90s

For circumstances that remain out of my control, I no longer have convenient (or reliable) access to such technological social innovations as a mobile phone or the internet.
From this day forward, I have thrust my social life back to the 90s. I wish to see how easily arranging social engagements during the 90s wasn't. I'm totally out doing American Apparel

Yesterday was my first day back in the 90s.


I arranged to meet my dearest friend Stephen. He's old, sensible, makes sense and the only person I know who doesn't like red stripe or dubstep. He's the one I turn to whenever I hate everyone else, which, incidentally, occurs every other day.
Stephen and I arranged to meet at Boston tea party at 3pm sharp. Without any communication device, anything could go wrong. I prepared to be stood up.

To my delight, I was not stood up. The 90's do work.

I have not lamented the loss of my phone, on the contrary, going back to the 90s has a liberating effect. One can engage in activities and interests without the persistent distraction of undesirables.



No comments:

Post a Comment